• 1 lb. Ground Turkey, (Pork or Chicken also work well)
• 1/2 tsp. fennel (lightly crushed in a mortar and pestle)
• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp. paprika
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper
• 1/2 tsp. dried sage or rosemary
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 cup finely minced apples
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil, bacon drippings, or coconut oil
1. Combine turkey (or other ground meat), garlic, spices and diced apple in a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly with a large spoon or your hands.
2. Using wet hands, form meat mixture into 18 patties (Thin is good because they will shrink and fatten up in the pan a bit)
3. Heat a skillet to over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add oil/fat (about 1 Tbsp. per batch of patties, depending on the size of your pan).
4. Add the patties to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd them or it’s difficult to flip them and they won’t brown as well. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side until browned and no longer pink in the center.
5. Remove patties to a plate lined with a paper towel and repeat with remaining oil and turkey mixture.
6. Store in a covered covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days – may be frozen for longer storage.
7. To cook from frozen, add to a small pan with few drops of water. Heat over medium-low heat covered with a lid for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.